Since these days having a blogger or WordPress blog are quiet common, people with great content are pushing over to their own domain names to establish themselves on the Internet, while some might prefer to continue to use the same old sub-domain , on the other side people are moving on to their own dot com sites and more of other domain endings, however there are a few things that one must consider before moving on from a free sub-domain to a new domain as the excitement of upgrading to a new domain might just make one ignore things that may result in loss of his or hers whole of Internet empire that they built.Today we shall look into these loopholes which obviously domain sellers won't tell you as they will be churning huge profits from your loss.
How much do you know about Domain Names
- First of all we will look at the loopholes which are created when we switch to our own domain so that you know what actually is happening due to the switch. Each website on the Internet has a ranking which is measured depending upon it's popularity and page views, However these ranking don't switch when you move from old domain to new one as search rankings consider the new one as new site as a result the rankings are very poor and you need to start all the promotions thingy once again. But your views and previous traffic will continue to stick around but your popularity ranking of new site will be very high for your site is now sifted to a new address.
- Coming to purchase of new domains, you need to register for them with your address, Email ID, and phone number and these details are made public as a result the bad Email bots of the Internet scan these public listings and send you solicited messages which are so deceiving that it makes one think that they are real, for example: Every domain name has a renewal plan and these spam mails would be like " This is urgent ! Your domain name is going to expire this week and you need to renew it quickly , go here to renew " and if one is fooled by these then they lose their money.
- Now some people might know about the previous point so what they do is hire a private domain listing company which hires people to register for you, but since the domain is registered under someone else you really can't say that it's your own domain as these people can anytime take your content and make money from them while you although being the genuine owner are deprived of your website and lose your whole website and content that you made, you can't even file a case against such things because the case obviously is a open and shut case as records clearly will show who is the registered owner.
- Since domain names are not permanent and need constant renewal based on your plan , one might lose their domain if they haven't paid a extra money for a lock down process wherein the domain stays for a time until the owner renews it. Since most people are unaware of this, other intelligent people who instead of going for a personal domain name go for an already established domain name with high traffic, so basically they get the fruits of all your hard work.
- Also be aware of cheap domain plans as they hide their true motives behind cheap domains especially the ones with private registration. It's common sense that no one is going to provide an amazing dot com or dot ending site at a cheaper rate which are charged a lot more by other sites. There has to be some difference right!
- Domain Parking that is if you purchased a domain name but don't wish to use it then by hiring the respective domain seller you can earn money from, wherein you need to pay a little extra amount to show ads on your parked domain site. Although a great way of earning but one can't be sure of how much they are going to earn as you can't be sure of traffic generated on your domain name as there is no content at all to be visible in search engines.