- Cake mix
- One big box of flavored gelatin
- Whipped Cream
- Ingredients for Recipe customization for various occasions discussed below in steps.
- Prepare the cake mix and bake it in a cake pan. Allow the baked cake to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Perforate the whole cake with in-depth holes using forks or chopsticks to allow gelatin to enter the cake layers. Prepare the gelatin(leave it unchilled) and pour the cooled liquid evenly all over the cake.
- Refrigerate the Cake for 3-4 hrs and cover the cake top with a layer of whipped cream(any flavor). Add your necessary decorations according to the festival to customize your poke cake into the trending festive cake.(Read the customization section)
- Fourth of July customization will require one to prepare gelatin layers of red and blue to represent the National flag and would be used as alternate cake layers to form the Poke cake and the top will be decorated using grapes and strawberries to represent the flag again. You can also add a fourth of July flag toppers to your poke cake.
- Similarly you can customize the same for various other occasions like Easter where in you can add egg toppers to your cake. For St Patrick's Day use exclusive green gelatin layers and creams. For Christmas use a lots of snow type decor along with lots of candy sprinkles.
Happy cake making ! Happy celebrations!:D
Also read it on Blogger :)