Hello everyone and wishing you all a Happy fourth of July! :) Every year on this day many pet owners lose their pets due to unfortunate accidents and carelessness then any other day of the year. Well in today's post we shall share some great tips on how you can keep your dogs safe on the fourth of July. Remember the Fourth of July can be fun for you but it isn't the same for your dear pet dog because they get frightened by noisy crowd, fireworks and moreover by unknown crowd very easily . So, what are we waiting for let's get started.
Dog Safety on the 4th of July
- Test your Dog's behavior to situations like loud crowd noise, fireworks etc. Obviously they get scared of such situations. Teach your dog calming techniques like using a crate, using food to distract them from awkward situations etc and always make sure you do these things when they are calm because this will help them stay calm during awkward situations.
- Keep your Dog's info on it's collar or microchip up to date so that in case they get lost , they will be easily traceable.
- In case you are not able to calm your dog down , then consult a veterinarian for ways to calm your dog down like using sedatives, using calming music, etc.
- Keep your dogs away from party food as it can be harmful for them as well as instruct the same to fellow members. Always keep your dogs hydrated in case they are attending ceremonies outside with you. Never leave them unattended.
- In case of too sensitive dogs consider leaving them at home as outside environment can be stressful to them and if you did take them with you then in case of any signs of anxiety always be prepared to leave because things like these can be life threatening for your dog.
♥♥♥ Happy Fourth of July !!! ♥♥♥